*image source: STR/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
On August 4, 2020 a massive explosion rocked Lebanon’s capital city, Beirut. Leaving in its wake a trail of destruction and chaos.
Everyone in the city has been touched in one way or another. Homes were destroyed and many rendered homeless with no means to rebuild. Many lives were lost, thousands injured and many remain missing.
This could not have come at a worse time for the country. With Covid-19 spreading and the country passing through the worst economic crisis since the civil war (1975-1990), with over 50% of the population already under the poverty line.
Let’s not stand by and do nothing, join us to stand with the people of Lebanon and show your support through online donations that will be used to :
- Coordinate the purchase and supply of most needed aid material
- Directly supporting NGO’s on the ground (vetted by our quality assurance partner 3QA.)
Please stand with us and help us provide emergency relief for the people of Lebanon.
The Xpatria team is currently in direct contact with NGO’s on the ground, and with the field staff from partner associations. We are continuously assessing the needs as they arise and will keep updating our findings.
Currently we have 4 vetted NGO’s through our third-party quality assessment partner 3QA.
More NGOs are in the pipeline. The 4 NGO’s are working tirelessly on the ground to assist people in need on various fronts.
Please help us give them support to continue in their efforts by donating.
- Beit EL Baraka: In a spirit of respect and support, Beit el Baraka Non-Profit fixes the homes of devastated families, and ensures medicine and food with dignity.
- AlGhina: AlGhina NGO, registered in 2001, is based in Beirut, Lebanon. AlGhina provides relief, financial, educational and medical aid and sponsorships to orphans, widows and families in need.
- Lebanon Needs: Lebanon Needs is a non-profit organization founded in 2019 dedicated to creating and delivering sustainable healthcare solutions for impoverished and underserved Lebanese. Lebanon Needs is based on a holistic healthcare approach that tackles the social determinants of health: Healthcare, Housing and Food.
- Nusaned: Nusaned is a humanitarian, community-based and volunteer organisation. It’s vision is to empower the marginalised Lebanese communities, througout Lebanon, to live sustainably. Nusaned does not engage in any political activity, and remains at equal distance from all religions.
Stay informed by returning to this page and following our social media channels.
Please give and give again.
Check that your friends are safe on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/crisisresponse/918196581995877
- Beirut blast: Dozens dead and thousands injured, health minister says
- Beirut explosion rocks Lebanon’s capital city
- Beirut explosion: over half the city damaged in blast that killed at least 100 and wounded 4,000 – live updates
- Up to 300,000 left homeless by Beirut explosion: Live updates
- Beyrouth en deuil au lendemain des terribles explosions
Shelby Lyon10/22/2020With love from Seb and Shelby!CHF40.00
jolyon blanchard10/22/2020Mia 8th birthday present from M and KCHF100.00
Anonymous10/11/2020MIA DONATIONS AT BIRTHDAYCHF200.00
Anonymous10/11/2020Mias birthday donationCHF50.00
Laila Milad10/10/2020From JasmineCHF100.00